Too many businesses overlook the importance of user experience (UX) when it comes to content creation. UX is more than just the technical aspects of a website or digital product. It is also about constructing pleasant interactions that can help to attract and engage clients. This article outlines the UX honeycomb, a practical framework for producing content with an excellent user experience. This seven-step process covers useful, usable, findable, credible, valuable, desirable and accessible content. When UX and content work together, they can help to create a more pleasing experience for visitors, leading to higher-value connections.
The UX honeycomb for content: 7 critical steps
In the early aughts, designer Peter Morville created the UX honeycomb to guide design teams. This same framework can be applied to content creation in order to improve its quality. Here are the seven steps:
- Useful: The content should be useful and provide value to the reader or viewer. It should not be “pitchy” and should instead focus on serving the audience first.
- Usable: The content should be easy to understand and not bogged down in jargon. Using an online editing tool to make sure it is readable is helpful.
- Findable: Content should be structured in a way that makes it easy to find answers. This is especially important for SEO purposes.
- Credible: Content should be created by a real person with expertise and experience. It should be original and speak in an authoritative voice.
- Valuable: The content should save the audience time and energy, and it should be measurable.
- Desirable: Content should look and feel good. Pay attention to formatting and quality of images and video.
- Accessible: Content should be accessible for people with disabilities. It should also be optimized for voice search.
When UX and content come together, they can create an experience that is both pleasing to the eye and delivers real value. Content should be useful, usable, findable, credible, valuable, desirable and accessible in order to maximize its effectiveness. Keeping these principles in mind when creating content will help to attract and engage clients.
Originally reported by Martech: https://martech.org/why-prioritizing-ux-always-leads-to-better-content-creation-and-how-to-do-it/
This article was written automatically by artificial intelligence. Please make us aware if you have any concerns about this automatically generated content.
Our content includes affiliate links. This means that we may receive a commission if you make a purchase through one of the links on our website. This will be at no cost to you and helps to fund the content creation work on our website.